Monday, August 31, 2009

Well that went well...

Well, I'm not longer using puppy linux. I can't ever get git in the package manager, so it's not quite a dev platform. Oh ya, and I screwed up my save file permanently because I made it too big. So I said screw that and tryed Ubuntu mini remix. Nothing. Worked.

Well, I'm back to my old standby, Arch Linux. Ah, like a breath of fresh air Arch Linix is by far the easiest distro I've ever dealt with. More compliant then Gentoo, not Debian-based (I now declare my hate for Debian), small and with a massive supply of packages (if you install a AUR installer such as yaourt).

So I've installed it on my usb stick and after fixing grub (grub works weird-ish on USB drives) I quickly have got the nvidia driver and wireless drivers installed, have a window manager (Fluxbox!) and a wireless connection mananger (wicd!).

Yay! So ideally this'll work well. Shoulda done it in the first place, really.

*Raises Glass* To Arch Linux!

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: american woman
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Arch linux vorks very well. I'll join you in your toast to Arch!

    ReplyDelete