Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nerd's Creed

This is my computer. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My computer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My computer, without me, is useless. Without my computer, I am useless. I must install my computer true. I must install straighter than any bug who is trying to kill me. I must patch him before he kernel panics me. I will....

My computer and myself know that what counts in this war is not the files we compile, the noise of our MIDIs, nor the programs we make. We know that it is the Linux that counts. We will use Linux...

My computer is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its keyboard and its screen. I will keep my computer clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before Linus I swear this creed. My computer and myself are the defenders of my sanity. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no enemy, but Stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment