Thursday, August 27, 2009

State of affairs.

It's been 2 days since the blog had a post, so I figured I should keep it fresh.

Well, let's start with the Gobolinux project:


No real change. The kernel I needed to compile I've delorted, so I could clone the git repo again to make sure there are no errors there, but every hour or so the internet cuts out, and git won't start downloading again. So I'll just wait until I get home on Saturday.

As for Xusbtu (the OS I'm currently running off my usb stick, Xubuntu) it still has the VESA driver, because the NVIDIA one caused the login not to work. So I'm stuck with 1024x768. Funfun. It also locks up every few minutes, depending on load. I cannot wait for USB 3.0, it'll be soooooooo much better.


In other news:


I'll try and make a video when I get back on Saturday. Likely, it will involve the GPL. Look forward to that...

School is starting soon! I do have to attend, thus the pace of update may slow. It may also get faster, if I'm bored in class. All of our current writers will also have to attend. Expect possible long droughts.

Just something awesome: The Always Innovting Touch Book. I. Love. This. Computer. It is fricking awesome. Small, well designed, and it comes with Linux! It is also based in Open Source principles, and it based on an Open Source platform. It is the sex. Go look at it. Screw you Apple Tablet!

LinuxCon 2009 is happening September 19th and 20th. I want to go. I very likely can't.

The Linux Kernel Archives have gotten a small makeover! Um, ya. That site is cool.

Heroes comes back this September. I still love the show. Many do not. GO SYLAR!

Sarah Conner Chronicles was canceled recently. Hopefully one of the fan campaigns will actually work (a la Family Guy).

Top Gear
returns in November. Yay!

Family Guy also returns this September.

As does The Simpsons. This is the Simpson's 21st Season, making it the longest running American primetime television series ever. 21 years. Wow.

Ubuntu 9.10 is set for release this October.

The second batch of Pandora handheld consoles should be available for pre-order this December. I also really want one of these. They are so cool!



Well, there's a generic blob of news. 'Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment