Monday, August 24, 2009

Not fair...

Well, I found the cause of my problems. The b43 driver for my wireless card causes everything to screw up. Why? I dunno. It's weird.

So to try and get wireless on my Zen kernel, I bought a cheap D-link wireless USB dongle. Unfortunately, the only driver that works with it is ndiswrapper. Supposedly, you just ndiswrapper -i tehinffile.inf and voila, it works.

Not so.

So neither wireless option works. Ethernet seems fine.

Oh right, I also did try the Broadcom-wl driver. Did that work? On the normal Ubuntu kernel, yes. Zen? No. It doesn't have the old wireless stack that the driver requires to compile. Brilliant.

So I haven't really progressed. It's infuritating. It's like level 22 in Donkey Kong.

Well, I'll try and post again tomorrow. Hope I have some progress then.

No comments:

Post a Comment