Monday, October 11, 2010

Try It For A Week: AROS Part 1

Hello Readers!
I hope you have been enjoying our podcasts as much as we have enjoyed creating them. If you have been listening to them you will know that we recently kicked off our new segment 'Try It For A Week'. If you haven't been listening, I am not talking to you.

For my 'Try It For A Week' I chose AROS. Things have not gone well thus far. I though I'd have no trouble with this, but I am. The distribution I have been trying out is called Icaros and can be found here. Booting the live cd was no problem on both Virtualbox and later Qemu. The problem came after installation when I tried to boot into AROS for the first time. I got GRUB but no OS.
That is all I can really do for you for the time being. I will continue working on getting it to boot correctly as time allows. Until then, stay tuned for an AROS history lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment