Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Indie games

Well I just learned that the humble indie pack hit the 1 million dollar donation challenge. What this means is that the majority of the games in this pack are releasing there source code. Currently only Lugaru is available for download even if its rough. With in the next week Aquaria, Gish and Penumbra Overture will also release there source code. The most exciting thing about this is that the 1 million dollar challenge was reached 55 minutes before the deal ended. Lastly another thing I found cool was the fact that the average purchasing price for Linux was the highest and it held a third of the amount of purchases. While its not a conclusive study it does show that there is a market for selling games based in multiple OS's. If you want to check out the indie pack site for links to the source code of the games click here. I'll also be doing a review on each of the games and how they run in Ubuntu and Arch (Once I get it setup). I'll also try to do them as videos with game play giving me a chance to try out VLMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment